United States (New York City) Crunchbase, 01
DoubleClick offers products and services to publishers and advertisers. Publishers use DoubleClick to display advertisements, and advertisers use DoubleClick to control the displaying of their ads by publishers.
Products and Services
Identification and Analytics
- Through DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM), Google uses mobile device IDs to attribute conversions to mobile devices DoubleClick, 07.
- DoubleClick segments audiences for targeted advertising The Guardian, 01.
- Google performs cross-device identification (via Google Attribution) Search Engine Land, 01; DoubleClick, 01; Forbes, 01.
- Google connects data to personally identifiable information ProPublica, 01.
- DoubleClick offers analytics services for revenue management DoubleClick, 05; DoubleClick, 06; Online-behavior.com, 01
Store visit tracking
Through AdWords, Google offers insights on store-visit conversions: "In DoubleClick Search, you can report on store visit conversions by adding a custom AdWords store visit conversions column to a report" Google, 01.
- DoubleClick loads targeted advertisements Google, 03; Google, 05, PDF; The Guardian, 01.
- Google Attribution integrates information from several Google ad services, including DoubleClick, to evaluate the effectiveness of ads, from search to store visits Forbes, 01; Google, 04
- Google is using offline and online data sources to conduct real-world location targeting Google, 01; Google, 02; TechCrunch, 02; DoubleClick, 02
- Google conducts real-time targeting DoubleClick, 04
- Google uses artificial intelligence (via Google Attribution) Forbes, 01; TechCrunch, 01; TechCrunch, 02
- Google targets across devices and channels Forbes, 01
- DoubleClick provids bidding services DoubleClick, 05
Other technologies: Google may "select advertising based on information about your computer or device, such as your device model, browser type, or sensors in your device like the accelerometer."
Location: Google may infer your location "from a variety of sources", including your IP address, search queries, as well as you "precise location from your mobile device" and "websites or apps that you use may send information about your location" to Google. Google "uses location information in our ads products to infer demographic information, to improve the relevance of the ads you see, to measure ad performance and to report aggregate statistics to advertiser."
Mobile tracking: When cookies are not available (eg, in mobile devices), Google "may use technologies that perform similar functions to cookies. Sometimes Google links the identifier used for advertising on mobile applications to an advertising cookie on the same device in order to coordinate ads across your mobile apps and mobile browser. This can happen, for example, when you see an ad within an app that launches a web page in your mobile browser. This also helps us improve the reports we give to our advertisers on the effectiveness of their campaigns."
Opt-out and user control: Users can control cookie tracking through Google Ad Settings, consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, and through the management of cookies in web browser settings. Users can opt out of personalized ads in apps through Android and iOS device settings Google, 06.
DoubleClick was founded in 1995 Crunchbase, 01.
- AppsFlyer, 01. https://support.appsflyer.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003213726-DoubleClick-Integration-Guide
- Crunchbase, 01. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/doubleclick
- DoubleClick, 01. https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/articles/google-debuts-new-ad-attribution-service
- DoubleClick, 02. https://support.google.com/adxseller/answer/6016023?hl=en
- DoubleClick, 03. https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/6281539?hl=en
- DoubleClick, 04. https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/articles/bt-sport-dynamic-ad-insertion-google
- DoubleClick, 05. https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/solutions/revenue-management/ad-exchange
- DoubleClick, 06. https://support.google.com/dcm/partner/answer/4568975?hl=en
- DoubleClick, 07. https://developers.google.com/doubleclick-advertisers/guides/conversions_overview#using_mobile_device_id
- Forbes, 01. https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthof/2017/05/23/did-that-ad-work-google-debuts-new-ai-driven-ad-attribution-service
- Google, 01. https://support.google.com/ds/answer/6348835?hl=en
- Google, 02. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6100636?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en-GB
- Google, 03. https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2884033?hl=en
- Google, 04. https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/3399874?hl=en
- Google, 05, PDF. http://services.google.com/fh/files/misc/case-study-accuweather-delivers-enhanced-value-to-advertisers-with-doubleclick-for-publishers-and-google-analytics-360.pdf
- Google, 06. https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads
- Online-behavior.com, 01. http://online-behavior.com/analytics/dfp-audience
- ProPublica, 01. https://www.propublica.org/article/google-has-quietly-dropped-ban-on-personally-identifiable-web-tracking
- Search Engine Land, 01. https://searchengineland.com/google-attribution-search-marketers-need-know-275751
- TechCrunch, 01. https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/23/google-attribution-is-a-free-and-easy-way-to-evaluate-marketing-efforts
- TechCrunch, 02. https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/23/google-is-now-using-deep-learning-to-measure-store-visits